Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Beauty:Make up brushes/Real Techniques travel essentials set

I've been meaning to make this post for well over a year!!!!
So a little history. I always use brushes for my make up, never the ones you get free(they tend to be shit)
I think its important to have good tools but not a necessity.By that I mean I've seen people do amazing make up using cheap nasty brush you'd get for a couple of quid and then people who spend a fortune on mac brushes who's make up is just bleh or pretty shit. My point being that they're an aid not a magic wand.



Any who,so my brush history....my first brush was a H&M brush...:O  make up brushes when I was younger where kinda hard to find (and I didn't really know about them).
 Now you can find them in most Boots or Superdurgs,not brilliant selections but at least there there.

From there I increased my collection with some Ruby &millie brushes, then Gosh ,Qvc  and finally eco tools. At that point I was content with my collection but always intended(and wanted) better quality brushes.

However as much as I like make up ,I can't justify buying Mac brushes, they're just too expensive. If I had a good job with more of a disposable income then maybe I'd splash out ...maybe.
So my optimal price range for a brush is less then £20....around £15.

Why am I talking about brushes?! Well I wanted to talk about my current favs and newest additions to my brush collection.

Real Technique brushes and Sigma.

Let's start with Real Techniques.

So this is a brand  produced by Sam Chapman of Pixiewoo. The range is all synthetic,reasonable priced and great quality.

 (Dirty brushes :O sorry I don't have any of my old photos I took of them when they were new:( )


I have the travel essentials set (bought from love-makeup.co.uk for around £20.99) which also came with a case/stand thing (that I did use but it got a bit bothersome after a while).


 For some reason initially,  I was disappointed.
I  think I just got over excited  by this range and  for some reason as soon as I got them I was really sad by them . However I've had these brushes for quite a while now and they are by far my favourite brushes. I would love to( and do intend to) get more of them.

When moving to Japan I had to cull my make up collection (TOT) but these brushes made the cut and I use them every day.


Like
They have a flat base so I can stand them up.
Rubber handle
Not too expensive
Pretty easy to get hold of in the UK and the US
Great quality!
They're soft

Dislike
 ehhh nothing ...except that I find them difficult to get hold of now in Japan ..but thats hardly the brushes fault.


Over all , I love these brushes and am annoyed I didn't pick up more of them before I left the Uk. Oh well such is life, I'll have to use the internet to buy them  instead :D.

 What brushes do you use and love?





2 comments:

  1. I definitely want to try these :D My friend has one and it's soooooo soft, so I want to buy some soon. Maybe you should have a friend send you some more~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone we will show the latest news and the latest news on a cool and popular. We provide an updated information that comes with the new version on the website news. This web will tell da latest news updates with different styles on AishaNews.com please open and read the information.
    Aisha News
    Aisha Populer News

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Credit


Credit

Blog Layout Image - http://www.universetoday.com/55694/galaxy-pics/